County College of Morris (CCM) holds one commencement ceremony at the end of May, which the preceding August or January graduates may attend.
To be eligible for a degree or academic program certificate, students must:
- Earn a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 and complete the general and prescribed curriculum course work for their major.
- Complete at least 30 credits at CCM. Certificate students must complete at least 15 credits at CCM. (The length of time that courses would remain current and acceptable should be at the discretion of the respective department chairperson.)
- Complete at least one half of their major at CCM.
- Apply for graduation in the Office of Records and Registration by the posted deadlines. Graduation Applications are available online or at the Office of Records and Registration.
- Pay a non-refundable graduation fee of $30 at the time the application is submitted. Fee is required regardless of attendance at the ceremony.
Graduation Application Deadlines
|January Graduation||October 1|
|May Graduation||February 1|
|August Graduation||June 1|
These early dates allow ample time for the Office of Records and Registration to notify candidates of any issues prior to the start of their final semester of attendance. Students who apply for graduation but fail to meet the requirements must re-apply for graduation when registering for the course(s) that will complete the requirements. The graduation fee is transferable. Matriculated students enrolling for courses at other colleges must obtain approval from CCM prior to their enrollment at those institutions. Approval forms may be obtained in the Office of Records and Registration or on the Records and Registration web page.
Upon final audit of your record you will be notified via your CCM email account if you have not met the requirements for graduation. Keep in mind that all of your grades must be posted before the final audit of your record can occur. At any time you can check your online evaluation via Web Advisor or Titans Direct to determine your eligibility.
Academic Distinctions at Graduation
Students with outstanding academic achievements throughout their County College of Morris career are awarded the following honors based on their cumulative grade point average:
|Summa cum laude||3.85- 4.00 GPA|
|Magna cum laude||3.65-3.84 GPA|
|Cum laude||3.45 - 3.64 GPA|
|Certificate with Merit||3.45 - 4.00 GPA|
These honors will be noted on the academic transcript as well as a certificate of honor.