The Division of Student Development and Enrollment Management is committed to providing comprehensive services and activities that complement the learning process and maximize the ability of each student to realize his or her educational and life goals. Students benefit more from their college experiences when their total level of campus engagement – academic, interpersonal and extracurricular – is mutually supporting and relevant to particular educational outcomes. Involvement in the academic and social life of the institution enhances student learning. Departments within the division offer integrated and complementary academic and social programs, and policies and practices that increase learning and support students’ educational goals. These services are staffed by professionals who help students make the most of their educational opportunities by:
- Providing the conditions and opportunities in which students might succeed, and determining and prescribing practices that lead to success;
- Providing sufficient opportunities for meaningful student participation in the life of the institution, such as leadership roles in academic and social organizations, recreation, campus jobs, off-campus work or citizenship;
- Providing a full range of student support services to permit students to benefit from college programs;
- Prescribing and providing programs that assure students’ competence in specified academic and skills areas;
- Interacting with, supporting and supplementing the learning process that occurs in the classroom;
- Appreciating the diverse population that constitutes the student body and promoting an awareness and an appreciation of that diversity;
- Fostering an environment in which students can acquire the knowledge and skills to carry them forward throughout life.