Tuition-Free Healthcare Training
TUITION-FREE HEALTHCARE INSTRUCTION
County College of Morris (CCM) offers grant-funded training opportunities through a health professions grant that can help you start a healthcare career at a greatly reduced cost. This initiative, provided through the New Jersey Health Professions Consortium (NJHPC), is designed to reduce roadblocks and help individuals and their families obtain education, training and employment in a wide range of healthcare occupations.
This opportunity is offered through a Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College Career Training (TAACCCT) grant, which is funded by the U.S. Department of Labor. It is a region-wide capacity building initiative with a goal of strengthening and expanding occupational training in the healthcare sector through workforce readiness and integrated basic skills preparation for unemployed or underemployed individuals who meet the eligibility requirements. The certification programs listed below will be offered through September 30, 2017..
Health Profession Certiﬁcate Programs
CCM oﬀers several diﬀerent healthcare professions certificate programs. Through this grant, we currently oﬀer:
- Certiﬁed Nursing Assistant (CNA)- As an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the NJ Department of Health and Senior Services, CCM is proud to offer a Certified Nursing Assistant program. As a CNA your main role is to provide basic care to patients and assist them in daily activities that they may have trouble completing on their own. This certificate can be completed in as little as 6 to 9 weeks.
- Certiﬁed Homemaker Health Aide (CHHA)- Participants will learn how to properly care for the daily living needs of people who cannot do it for themselves. Learn how to feed, bathe, and dress someone without making them feel less of a person or harming them. Care for someone who wants to live at home rather than in a hospital setting. Certified by the NJ Department of Health and Senior Services, CHHAs are the true front lines of healthcare in an aging population. This certificate can be completed in 4 to 6 weeks.
To be enrolled in the program you must:
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be a legal US resident ( Must have possession of: US/Puerto Rico Birth Certificate, Current US Passport, Naturalization Certification, Permanent resident card, or valid visa)
- Be unemployed, underemployed, or have veteran status
*There are no income level requirements to participate in the TAACCCT Grant program.*
Required Documents for Eligibility:
- Proof of Current Residence: New Jersey Driver's License, or Utility Bill, or Bank Statement
- Proof of Social Security Number: Social Security Card or Social Security Benefits
- Proof of US Citizenship or Legal Residency: US/Puerto Rico Birth Certificate, or Current US Passport, or Naturalization Certification, or Permanent resident card, or valid visa
- Proof of Unemployment/Underemployment Status: For unemployment, a termination letter, or unemployment check, or written statement describing the circumstances. For underemployment, a paystub for any employment or a written statement regarding underemployment situation.
- Resume or List of Work/School History
Contact us today to learn more about the program, eligibility requirements, and to schedule an orientation session where further details will be disclosed and your eligibility evaluated.
Click here to register for orientation.
Call 973-328-2490 or email us at: NJHPC@ccm.edu
If you do not meet the criteria to take these certifications under the TAACCCT Grant or are not interested in it, CCM also offers the same certifications for those students who wish to self-pay. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-328-5187 for more information.