Change of Major and Dropping Grades

Students who wish to change from one major to another must submit a Change of Major form to Before a student may register in the new major, the change of major must be approved by an advisor in the new major.

Students who change majors and achieve a 2.0 grade point average for the first 12 credits in the new major may apply to drop from their cumulative grade point average all D and F grade calculations for courses previously completed which were particular to the former major and do not pertain to their new major. Students will have one opportunity to take advantage of this policy to drop grades. If a student decides to change back to their original major, the grades which were removed from the cumulative grade point average will be reinstated. A Drop Grades Due to Change of Major form must be submitted to for approval and processing.